Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Social bookmarking

Like RSS, I have tried to implement social bookmarking sites into my personal life but to no avail. I really like the concept of them, but I just find it hard to make them relevant to my life. I went into Clipmarks, because I had never heard of it. I didn’t really like interface and didn’t find it intuitive to use. I also looked at Digg, because I see buttons for it a lot on my favorite websites. Digg seems to be very similar to Clipmarks, but for whatever reason I find it a lot easier to use. I did a search for Bhutan, and it retrieved a couple of articles and a video. Although the results were interesting, it was not worth my time to search this site. Next I went to Delicious, which I have used a couple of times before. I did another search for Bhutan, and the results list was much bigger than in Digg. This is one of the results that I retrieved, and it is something that I would like to read occasionally (if it is ever updated again!). Overall I think I liked Delicious the best; I found the user interface to be easy to use and my results list was much better than in the other sites.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: