Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Exploring my classmates' findings

I love this list of my classmates’ findings, because I try to get to everyones’ blogs but that doesn’t always happen. Here are a few that I chose to look at:

Because I really began looking at the list on Election Day, the first place I visited was538. This was the first post that I read, and I found it interesting because I just purchased Gelman’s book Red State, Blue State, Rich State, Poor State for my library’s collection. (Please note that there is some unsavory language in the comments of the post.) I kept this post in mind as the election coverage began last night.

Next I went to Unshelved. Although the humor of the comic strip isn’t really my cup of tea, I really got a kick out of thePimp my Bookcart contest and pictures. I immediately sent these on to my colleagues, and we agreed that this would be a really fun thing to do!

I had been introduced to AquaBrowser in the past, and I wasn’t too impressed with it. So I decided to revisit AquaBrowser to see if my opinion of it has changed. There are many features I like about this particular browser – the tag cloud and the list of limiters on the right side. However, I find the screen to be way to busy. I think sometime like the tag cloud would be useful to our students for the purposes of refining their topics/search strings or thinking of related terms.

Overall, I found the diversity of everyone’s interests to be fascinating.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: