Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Internet Archive

I love looking at the Wayback machine! Here is my Library’s current website, and here is the original site. What a difference! This was such a fun Thing. My coworkers and I loved looking at the sites for our College and our Library.

I took a look at the Moving Image Archive, because we do get students who are looking for video clips to use in presentations (and they are not always comfortable using YouTube, which makes us happy that think about the source of their information, even though there is some good stuff on YouTube). I took a look at the News & Public Affairs. The television sub-collections were really great. I took a loot at the September 11 Televesion archive. If you scroll down a little bit, they have links to videos from the major networks throughout the day. This was hard for me to watch, because I remember quite vividly where I was at what time and what was on television. I think these sub-collections will be quite useful when I am helping students at the reference desk.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: