Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Internet radio

First I have to say…FNX rules! Ok, now that I got that out of my system I will move onto Internet radio. I do listen to Internet radio on a regular basis. My favorite is Hit-Radio Antenne 1 from Baden-Wuerttemberg.

I had never heard of Pandora, so I decided to check it out. What a great concept! It seems somewhat similar to Genius in iTunes, but it is not limited to music you own. It was also very easy to use. I typed in “Supreme Beings of Leisure” and it immediately got started. I then decided to create an account (because I definitely plan on using this resource again), and it took me all of 30 seconds. I like that you can create different radio stations, because my music mood changes from day to day (and sometimes hour by hour or minute by minute). The one downside that I found was the lack of German artists. I tried to create a station based on Silbermond and Juli (two very popular German groups), and I couldn’t do it. I also tried to create a Bollywood station and couldn’t. Maybe in time these types of music will be added. I am very excited about this resource though!

I remedied the German pop/Bollywood problem by going to Seeqpod. When I first went to the website, I wasn’t exactly sure what to search. So I clicked on one of the items they were featuring (which happened to be Bollywood). I did a search for Silbermond, and there were a lot of results. I clicked on the “Discoveries” tab, and it listed similar songs/artists. Overall I found this site to be less intuitive than Pandora, but it did fill the gaps that I encountered in Pandora. I will definitely use this resource again!

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.