Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How long until lunch?

Yum! Yesterday I got my first issue of Food Network Magazine in the mail, so this is a timely Thing. Lately I have been getting most of my recipes from magazines at the checkout aisles at the supermarket (Family Circle, Good Housekeeping, etc.). I try to find quick but healthy (and relatively inexpensive) ideas for our dinners, and these magazines give me a lot of good ideas. Having said that I certainly do use the Food Network’s website for recipe ideas. A nice feature about this website is that you can keep an online recipe box, which saves on paper. However, the recipes sometime disappear, so I also email them to myself and keep a recipe folder.

I am a huge macaroni and cheese fan (really anything with pasta and cheese is ok in my book), so here is a recipe I want to try soon!

For this Thing, I decided to try Recipe Source because I am unfamiliar with it. I really like how you can browse by ethnic dishes or by the type of dish. Even though I am not really a great cook or an experienced cook, sometimes I like to look at ethnic recipes to see if I can “spice up” (pun intended) some our favorite dishees. Chicken Korma is one of my other favorite foods, so I was happy to see that there was a recipe on this site. I am also a proud cat mommy, so I was excited to see “Cat Food & Treats” as a category on Recipe Source. Here is a recipe for Mikey’s Mackeral Cat Munchies that I know my kitties would go bananas over!

Thank you for reading!

No comments: