Monday, October 6, 2008

RSS

Although I read several blogs everyday, I have not found RSS feeds to be useful. I have tried to implement Bloglines and the Google Reader in my personal life, but I have never been successful. I think this is because I like going straight to the source; receiving the RSS feeds feels somewhat cold and distant.

Having said that, I can certainly understand why they have become so popular. I would imagine that many people enjoy having all their content accessible in one location. One of the reasons my Library would like to implement a blog is because feed subscribers could receive emergency updates very easily through RSS technology. I have also heard of libraries using RSS feeds to notify patrons of new purchases within a certain subject area, which I found to be clever and efficient.

I will keep trying to give into feed readers, but I am not sure that I can be converted!

No comments: