Monday, October 27, 2008

Really, in my own backyard? :)

This was another thing that I enjoyed, because I wasn’t really familiar with these tools. Overall, I liked WickedLocal better than American Towns. I don’t have any good reason for it other than WickedLocal was simply more appealing to me. However, I do like that American Towns is national, because I am from PA and go down there to visit a few times a year. So I do see American Towns being useful to me. One link I found that might be useful is this one about Halloween.

I also found Placeblogger to be great, because it is international in scope. What a great tools for someone traveling to a new destination (that is, of course, if that destination has a placeblog). I was excited to find some placeblogs for Germany, but none existed. However, I did find on for a location in Austria. Many of the blogs that I viewed had no postings, so they weren’t really useful to me at all. I think if this tool was updated more, it would be a really great tool.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: