Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reviews

As I mentioned in a previous post, I do use review websites (frequently) in my personal life. I also use them in my professional life. As a collection development librarian, I read a number of different review resources in order to purchase the best content I possible can for my collection. I really like to use Amazon, because it not only gives tidbits from sources like Publisher’s Weekly, Choice, and The Washington Post, it also shows user reviews. If there are a number of substantive, unbiased user reviews, I will take these into consideration when selecting books. If a number of college students commented that they found a particular book to be very dense and hard-to-read, I will take that into account when selecting books.

Here is a link to a review I wrote about one of my favorite books

Thanks for reading!

No comments: